Issued: March 26, 2020
Send on behalf of NC Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS)
Weekly NC DHHS COVID-19 Update Call with Behavioral Health and I/DD Providers
Thursday, March 26, 2020
As the number of COVID-19 cases and unfortunate deaths continue to climb in North Carolina, DHHS leaders clearly understand that keeping our BH and I/DD providers informed about key COVID-19 related State and Medicaid policy changes is paramount to buttressing our response efforts to reducing COVID-19’s spread and harm. Thursday’s weekly call with BH and I/DD providers will focus primarily on telehealth policies and new guidance for health care providers that have come into effect since our call with BH and I/DD providers last week.
The lead presenters for this week’s call on Thursday will be:
- Dr. Carrie Brown, Chief Medical Officer for Division of BH and I/DD
- Dr. Shannon Dowler, Chief Medical Officer for NC Medicaid
- Deputy Secretary Kody Kinsley, NC Division of Behavioral Health and Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
- Deputy Secretary David Richard, Division of Health Benefits/NC Medicai
To participate in tomorrow’s virtual meeting, register here: https://manatt.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yGUGIZNNRBOQUuLXtzbuPA
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
We will provide a weekly update for Behavioral Health and IDD Consumers and Community Stakeholders on Monday, March 30. More information to come.
There are several resources available to help you stay updated and navigate these challenging and ever-changing times.
- NC 2-1-1 by United Way of North Carolina is now available for people to call for assistance related to the COVID-19 coronavirus
- COVID-19 text information and updates are available. To sign up, text COVIDNC to 898211.
- Our website, ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus publishes regular updates, including new guidance that is developed, information about Executive Orders and other important information.
- You can also submit your questions or comments for State-funded related BH and IDD services to BHIDD.COVID.Qs@dhhs.nc.gov or Medicaid related questions to Medicaid.COVID19@dhhs.nc.gov. Questions for DBHIDD can also be submitted via our BHIDD COVID-19 Questions and Comments online portal.