Updated Oct. 6, 2021
What is happening?
Individuals in counties currently receiving Medicaid for intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health or substance use disorders through Cardinal Innovations Healthcare will be automatically enrolled with Partners on the effective date of the county’s transition.
- For Cabarrus, Union and Stanly counties, the effective date was Sept. 1, 2021.
- For Forsyth and Davie counties, the effective date is Nov. 1, 2021.
For daily service/ACTT members receiving a State-funded service, and in order to have a seamless transition of services, providers need to submit a completed enrollment form to Partners now.
What do providers need to do?
Providers need to submit enrollment forms to Partners for individuals served with State-funded dollars. There are different methods for enrollment dependent on the type of service received.
Members receiving Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)/Daily Service through State-funding (This includes individuals with State-funding only and individuals with active Medicaid Direct that receive an enhanced, daily service which requires a State-funding layer):
County Transition – Member Enrollment for State Funded Form – Daily/ACTT Services >
- Complete the Member Enrollment for State-funded Form for ACTT/Daily Services in its entirety. Please make sure that admission date, diagnosis and benefit plan effective dates are all Nov. 1, 2021. Please be sure to use DSM-V admission codes.
- Fax the form to 336-835-2075, and include “Partners, ATTN: County Transition” in the subject line OR send via secured email to email@example.com. Secure email is the preferred method for submission.
- The deadline for providers to submit this information is Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2021. After this date, submit enrollments through AlphaMCS starting Nov. 1, 2021.
- The deadline for Cabarrus, Union and Stanly providers to submit this information was Friday, Aug. 27, 2021. As of Sept. 1, providers in these counties should submit enrollments through the AlphaMCS portal.
Individuals receiving State-funded Outpatient Services in Forsyth and Davie Counties:
- During the individual’s next scheduled office visit on or after Nov. 1, 2021, log in to AlphaMCS. Please note that AlphaMCS will not permit you to enter a date in the future for admission.
- Complete an Enrollment Form within AlphaMCS. Make sure to update demographic and financial information. Providers can access AlphaMCS at https://login.alphamcs.com/portallogin.
- Please note that Partners normally requires enrollments within seven calendar days from the date of admission, or the next appointment with the state-funded recipient. During the transition, providers serving individuals from Forsyth and Davie counties will be given an extended time frame to enter enrollments. Partners is allowing a 30 grace period. Effective Dec. 1, we will revert to our policy requiring enrollments within seven calendar days from the date of admission.
Mobile Crisis Management/Facility Based Crisis:
Individuals who engage in Mobile Crisis Management (MCM) or Facility Based Crisis (FBC) services on or after Sept. 1, 2021 should be enrolled in AlphaMCS. (For Forsyth and Davie counties, the date is on or after Nov. 1, 2021.)
Need a log in for AlphaMCS? Contact the Partners Helpdesk at 704-842-6431.
Need training for AlphaMCS? Visit the Partners Provider Knowledge Base at https://providers.partnersbhm.org/transitioning-to-alphamcs/.
Where can I find more information about the Enrollment Process?
For detailed instructions about the enrollment process, please refer to Partners’ Provider Operations Manual, pages 101-105.
General Information Regarding State-funded Services
State Eligibility Income Requirements/Financial Eligibility
In order to qualify for state funding, the household income for the member must be 300% (3x) or less of the most recent federal poverty guidelines, based on family size. If member’s household income exceeds this amount, (household size and poverty guideline amount x3), the member is not eligible for state funding. The most current version of the Federal Poverty Guidelines can be found at https://aspe.hhs.gov/2021-poverty-guidelines. Income guidelines do not apply and are waived for crisis/emergent events, traumatic brain injury or intellectual/developmental disabilities.
In order to ensure accuracy of information and eligibility, providers are requested to attach/upload Eligibility Documentation to member documents in AlphaMCS when documents are available and provided by the member. Documents to be uploaded are:
- State issued driver’s license/identification card (in the event of a minor, the parent’s or legal guardian’s),
- Social security card and
- Income verification in the form of a member’s paystub, tax return, or in the event of no income, a signed and dated Statement of No Income Verification Form.
Documents should be attached/uploaded upon initial Enrollment and upon each annual Client Update Request to add a new annual benefit plan.
Providers may also upload these documents to member’s record, after an enrollment has been approved and a record has been created, through the Patient Maintenance module under Clinical Documents -> Eligibility Documentation. If a member has an existing record in AlphaMCS, you do not need to wait until enrollment has been approved to attach documentation.
Please be advised that, in the event that documents are unavailable, the member will not be denied services.
For questions regarding enrollment for State-funded Services contact:
- Partners Eligibility & Enrollment Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becky Ford, Eligibility & Enrollment Supervisor, 336-527-3211
- Debbie Eldridge, Eligibility & Enrollment Program Assistant, 336-527-3234
- Melena Wilmoth, Eligibility & Enrollment Processing Assistant (Enrollments), 336-527-1414