What is the Registry of Unmet Needs?
The Registry of Unmet Needs is a registry, or waiting list, for individuals who are in need of NC Innovations Waiver and/or other intellectual and/or developmental disability services and funding. Each Local Management Entity/Managed Care Organization maintains its own Registry of Unmet Needs.
NC Innovations Waiver funding is limited. Partners maintains the Registry to help identify individuals in Burke, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Davie, Forsyth, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Rutherford, Stanly, Surry, Union and Yadkin counties that could receive NC Innovations Waiver services if additional funding is available. Individuals are guided to other resources while they are waiting for waiver funding.
To learn more about Partners’ Registry of Unmet Needs, please call the I/DD Registry Line at 704-884-2722, Toll-Free at 1-833-780-2587 or email at IDDRegistry@partnersbhm.org.
Registry of Unmet Need Referrals for Individuals Receiving State Funded IDD Services
Providers of intellectual and developmental disabilities state-funded services are required to refer individuals receiving a state-funded service to the Registry of Unmet Needs (Registry). This process ensures all individuals receiving a state-funded service and who are potentially eligible for the Innovations Waiver are on the Registry and waiting for an Innovations slot to become available. This referral is a prerequisite for obtaining an initial or continuing authorization for a state-funded service. As a reminder, state funding is not guaranteed.
Referrals to the Registry Process
- Providers will contact Partners Health Management using the I/DD State-Funded Service Registry of Unmet Needs Referral Form and complete the form in its entirety.
- Providers will email the completed form to the Registry Team at IDDRegistry@partnersbhm.org. In the subject line, please enter the word “Receiving State Funds”. An email notification of receipt of referral form will be sent to the referral agency.
- Providers will need to include the Receipt of Referral email when uploading the documentation in Alpha+ to support the Service Authorization Request (SAR).
- A Registry Specialist will contact the Individual or Legally Responsible Person (LRP) to begin the referral process. The Registry referral date/time will be managed in order of the receipt of the I/DD State-Funded Service Registry of Unmet Needs Referral Form.
- A Registry Specialist will contact the Individual and/or LRP and Referral agency, annually to update information and confirm continued interest in remaining on the Registry.