Issued: November 15, 2019
In a provider alert issued on November 5, 2019, Partners announced that Peer Support Services (PSS) would be available in the Medicaid B Benefit Plan effective November 1, 2019. Peer Support is no longer offered as a B3 Service after October 31, 2019.
Due to the change from unmanaged B3 PSS to Medicaid managed PSS, Partners will allow retroactive Service Authorization Requests (SARs) for dates of service back to November 1, 2019. Partners must receive all retroactive SARs for this service by December 20, 2019.
The new Medicaid B Benefit Plan PSS service codes are:
- H0038—Peer Supports Individual
- H0038 DJ—Peer Supports Individual (DOJ)
- H0038 HK—Peer Supports Individual-Timely Follow Up
- H0038 HQ—Peer Supports Group
- H0038 HQ DJ—Peer Supports Group (DOJ)
If you have additional questions, please contact the Mental Health/Substance Use (MHSU) Utilization Management Workgroup at 704-842-6436.