Partners’ Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Department works with individuals, or “members”, and their support system, to make sure that people receiving services are cared for in the best possible manner.
The IDD Department focuses on:
- Evaluation of individuals needing/requesting services
- Care coordination
- Training for providers and the community
Supports Intensity Scale
The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS) is a required assessment tool that measures daily support needs of someone who is receiving, or waiting to receive, intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) services in North Carolina. A Partners team member conducts the assessment.
North Carolina Supports or Needs Assessment Profile (NC-SNAP)
The NC-SNAP is a needs assessment tool that can measure a person’s level of need for developmental supports and/or services. Learn more about NC-SNAP.
To locate an NC-SNAP training, please visit the Partners Training Academy Calendar.
IDD Care Coordination
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Care Coordination is a managed care function that together, with an individual and his or her support system, makes sure that the individual is cared for in the best possible manner. Care Coordinators employed by Partners work with the member and his or her natural supports to help monitor services, make sure that assessments and Person-Centered Plans are completed, and private provider agencies deliver needed services. Refer an individual to IDD Care Coordination.
Who is selected for Care Coordination?
- Individuals with an IDD diagnosis that is participating in the NC Innovations Waiver
- Individuals eligible for NC Innovations that are not living in an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF-IID) facility
- Individuals with an IDD diagnosis residing in a facility operated by Department of Corrections or Juvenile Justice and planning to be discharged
- Individuals with high behavioral and medical needs that are already served by Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC)