Issued: September 13, 2018
Hurricane Florence is currently predicted to impact our area with high winds and rain. Partners considers consumer safety to be a top priority during the duration of the storm, and expects that providers are operationalizing their emergency/disaster and back-up plans. We understand that there may be issues depending on the magnitude of the storm and want consumer and employee safety to be the priority. Partners will work with providers during this time to ensure that maximum flexibility can be afforded.
Here are some resources that can help you prepare and stay informed:
- NC DHHS has issued tips for Medicaid beneficiaries and those receiving food and nutrition services at https://www.ncdhhs.gov/hurricane-florence.
- You can call NC 2-1-1- or 1-888-892-1162 to obtain information about evacuations, shelters, and more.
- Download the ReadyNC App, available on iPhone and Android, to stay informed with real time information on:
- local weather
- hurricane preparedness
- how to create an emergency plan and kit
- road conditions
- power outages
- river and stream flooding
- open shelters
- evacuation routes
- American Red Cross
Partners Access to Care Call Center will be available for those in crisis and consumers during this storm. Partners will announce any office closings on our website at www.partnersbhm.org. Provider alerts will be posted on the Provider Knowledge Base at https://providers.partnersbhm.org.
Request for Clinical Staffing Assistance
The NC Department of Public Safety, Emergency Management, along with the Red Cross and the Division of Social Services, will be opening shelters in the eastern part of the state in anticipation of Hurricane Florence. Partners has received a request for volunteer clinical staff to be in the shelters and provide counseling support and triage for displaced citizens during the storm. If your agency has someone interested, please notify Andrew Schrag at 828-323-8029 or Tara Conrad at 828-323-8093 before 12 p.m. on Friday. Online training may be required.
Are Your Records Ready for Hurricane Florence?
Partners encourages all providers to protect your records. Here are some tips:
- Stabilize your records storage areas
- Ensure that records are a minimum of 3-6 inches off the floor.
- Ensure records are in record boxes and clearly labeled
- Remove records for bottom drawers of filing cabinets
- Consider relocating records to more secure areas in your building. Move records out of areas prone to flooding such basement and attic areas and away from windows and exterior doors.
- Cover records with plastic sheeting for additional water protection.
- Compile an inventory of records and location in each building.
- Compile information on disaster recovery vendors.
- Compile an emergency staff contact list.
If you have questions about medical records, contact Partners Health Information Management Department at Health_Info_Mgmt@partnersbhm.org or calling 1-877-864-1454, option 0.
State Benefit Remittance Advice
Please be advised that the State Benefit Remittance Advice (RA) for the September 11, 2018 checkwrite is dated September 7, 2018.
As always, if you have claims questions, please call 704-842-6486 or send an email to email@example.com.
Peer Support Specialist Service Definition Update Webinars Cancelled
The joint webinar presentations on the Peer Support Specialist Service Definition Update, scheduled for September 18 and September 21, are cancelled due to the impending inclement weather and will be rescheduled by the Division of MHDDSAS and NC Medicaid at a later date.