Issued: June 1, 2023
Partners has upgraded how providers access the ProAuth platform to submit prior authorization requests. ProAuth can now be accessed under Quick Links in ProviderCONNECT.
The direct link to ProAuth makes it easier to submit authorization requests and reduces the risk that a provider could inadvertently access information for members they do not serve.
ProviderCONNECT is Partners secure provider portal. It is a one-stop for information, and primary resource for operational information, requesting authorizations, filing claims, reviewing member-specific information and accessing training.
What is happening?
A direct link to ProAuth has been added to the Quick Links section of ProviderCONNECT.
This means providers will no longer use the Patient Management dropdown to perform a Patient Search to submit prior authorizations. Instead, providers may click on the quick link and go directly into ProAuth to submit the requests.
What must providers do?
Once in ProviderCONNECT, providers should:
- Click on the ProAuth Authorizations link under Quick Links (left-hand side of the page)
- Click Create Inpatient Authorization or Create Service/Procedure Authorization (Whichever one you are working with)
- Click Behavioral or Medical
- Choose search by Member ID and DOB or search by First/Last Name and DOB
- Follow the normal steps to create an authorization request
If you choose Member ID and DOB search:
- Only Member ID is required to search for the member, if you use the full Member ID
- If you use only the first three numbers of the Member ID, the DOB is required to search for the member
If you choose First Name, Last Name and DOB search:
- If you choose this option, all three fields are required to search for the member
What if providers have questions?